Changelog VDSS 09.06.10
Fixes and enhancements
- When upgrading a “not responding agent”, the upgrade is still performed when the Agent connects again.
- When upgrading many Agents at the same time, the upgrades are scheduled to avoid overload.
- Hidden notifications from an Agent are shown again when the Agent is configured as new.
- Bugfix: when installing Agent with an alternative installation path.
- Where an Agent upgrade has been performed several times in a row without the Agent reacting, the last upgrade entered is used.
- Agent software page will be refreshed by an Agent upgrade from now on.
- Bugfix: when copying Agents, the ransomware settings are correctly copied.
- Correct messages in the upgrade log when upgrading Agent Software in Admin.
- Improved checks when entering a file name and rules, including length and foreign characters.
- Correct display of VDSS message on Dutch Windows
- Content and /or linguistic improvements.
- Correct content of all Windows types in the inventory.
Changelog VDSS 09.06.09
- Performance improvement VDSS server
- Performance improvement inventory page
- When upgrading an agent to version 090609, a not responding message if it cannot connect to the VDSS server.
- Improved filename entry check
- Improved server security and performance
Changelog VDSS 09.06.08
- Agent up and agent down notifications can be hidden from now on. They are no longer visible
- The hidden notifications are located in NUM /Agent settings / hidden notifications. By clicking on the link here, they will become visible again in Notifications and All Events.
- With Copy settings (in both NUM and SUM) the hidden notifications can be copied to other agents.
Changelog VDSS 09.06.07
Fixes and enhancements
- The firewall is no longer checked, if there are no quarantined IP addresses.
Changelog VDSS 09.06.06
- Two Factor Authentication: TOTP (time-based one-time password) is used to create a temporary login code using an algorithm, here time is used as one of the authentication factors. It is free and an internet connection is not required.
- Version management agent: an agent version is indicated whether it is a debug (Dx) , development (Ox), test (Tx) or acceptance (Ax) edition, where x is the version number of thee edition.
- In the Agent Software and Agent Remove screen, “Available Systems” can have the status “New”, so it is clearly which systems are not yet configured, especially in SaaS environment.
- The fields checks in processes have been adjusted, so that fewer mistakes can be made.
- A Linux agent does not block ip addresses, this is indicated in the user interface with “–”.
- By disabling “Notification when backup fails”, the groups, notification template and notification at the end of backup will be disabled.
- Space from service path variable protected after security auditing, by putting quotes around it.
- Notifications are still sent even though server_down status exists.
- A watch account cannot quarantine processes via the notifications screen
- Groups that are still used in two-factor authentication, backup and elsewhere cannot be deleted.
- Notification templates that are still used in two-factor authentication, backup and elsewhere cannot be deleted.
- When a system is configured as New in Copy Settings, the File Template will also be created. In addition, if you have not chosen any systems, a warning will appear.
- At Sum/ Users/ Notifications, the checkbox at notifications is now also provided with the latest styling.
- The notification template day and night settings have been styled more neatly and user-friendly.
- Holidays adapted to the latest styling.
Changelog VDSS 09.06.05
- A permanent delete of files will be notified.
Changelog VDSS 09.06.04
Fixes and enhancements
- Directories can be completely removed from monitoring via the rules menu, to ensure that they do not end up in the reporting or SIEM system, eg a tmp directory.
- Ransomware settings can be set per file instead of for the entire agent.
- At all events, the “Reload Off” button disables the reload, so you can analyze the data quietly.
- In the Copy Settings screen, new systems in “Available Systems” have the status “New”, so it is clear which systems are not yet configured, especially in SaaS environment.
- In the Copy Settings screen, it is now possible to remove all settings and set the system to status “New”, after which you can reconfigure the system from scratch. This can be especially useful in a SaaS environment.
- Two buttons have been added to the Normal User Menu containing all events and notifications of the system you are working with. So that you can quickly access information about that system in the Normal User Menu.
- In VDDS Show an indication per folder how many agents are behind it.
- To prevent an avalanche of notifications: When an Agent quarantines a process, but keeps trying to start it, from now on there will be two notifications that it is trying to start and one notification every 15 minutes how many times he has tried.
- A “wait a moment” is built into Copy Settings if the action takes longer than 4 seconds.
- Inventory has a “Reload” button, so you don’t have to wait for the automatic refresh when installing a new agent.
- Remove agent has a “Reload” button, so you don’t have to wait for the automatic refresh when you remove it.
- When an agent’s groups are copied, it is now copied correctly.
- Notification settings now remain even after deleting an agent.
- It is no longer possible to delete the templates in the Copy Settings menu.
Changelog VDSS 09.06.03
Fixes and enhancements
- Sending telegram messages no longer crashes when notifying to already deleted groups.
- The messages in the mails and telegram messages have been linguistically improved.
Changelog VDSS 09.06.01
New feature VDSS 09.06.01
- Agents can now be updated via a secure connection.
- Agent is modified so that when busy, the Agent also continues to log on to the server.
- Agent can be installed with MSI installer.
- Server performance improved when an Agent is not responding.
- When adding files to the monitoring, the auditing settings are automatically adjusted.
- The Agent software can be downloaded from the user interface.
- Reliable processes/applications and IP addresses can be removed from quarantine directly from the notification screen.
- Added quarantine options.
- Improved page numbering in all events and notifications screen.
- Group settings of one Agent can be copied to other Agents, from the super user menu.
Changelog VDSS 09.06.00
New feature VDSS 09.06.00
- Telegram: In addition to email and SMS, it is now also possible to receive notifications via Telegram.
Telegram is very similar to WhatsApp, it is an application that allows you to communicate with each other and send photos, messages, etc. However, where WhatsApp identifies itself with your mobile phone, you need an account for Telegram. This makes Telegram easy to use on many devices and not just the mobile.
- Extra information in personal settings: Information is included here, about your account in which group you are a member and the components and the rights you have to them.
- The dashboard can display the “Show”, “notifications” and “all events” pages. These can be shown rotating in the dashboard along with other Dash items.
Fixes and enhancements VDSS 09.06.00
- The personal settings have been redesigned and moved from the Normal User Menu to the top right of the screen.
- If the auditing settings are set incorrectly, an alarm will be sent from now on and also an ok if they are corrected.
- Calendar has a new style.
- The folder name for grouping components can now be modified.
- The POC (proof of concept) starts in https.
- If white label, the correct name is now displayed during the backup procedure.
- Improved field check in time window and trusted processes.
- During a restart, the error message “wrong license” is delayed for a few seconds.
- When adding file names in Agent settings, filled in file names are entered and empty file names are ignored.
December 21, 2020
Changelog VDSS 09.05.07
Minor changes VDSS 09.05.07
White labeling of VDSS for Cyber Data Defense
December 14, 2020
Changelog VDSS 09.05.06
Fixes and enhancements VDSS 09.05.06
- In the trusted processes windows, the backslash is also written into the database
December 7, 2020
Changelog VDSS 09.05.05
Fixes and enhancements VDSS 09.05.05
- New userinterface
- Support of Linux and macOS
- The colors of the VDSS User Interface are adjustable and modernized per user. This allows each user to choose their own color for alarms
Changelog VDSS 09.05.04
Fixes and enhancements VDSS 09.05.04
- Export possibility for reports to CSV and PDF format files
- Monitoring continues if the system is put into safe mode
- VDSS always notifies in case of a ransomware threat, even if the threat has already disappeared in real time
- Audit settings are automatically checked when monitoring files
- When adding new files in the monitoring, advice is given by GUI in case of incorrect input
- Adding multiple files, trusted processes and trusted IP’s is now possible in the same screen
- Deletion of an Agent is now controlled centrally from the Server, a local delete is no longer possible
- A NEW tag has been visually added to new agents
- Copying of settings is made possible from one agent to other Agents
- Encryption / Security adapted
- Files without a dot are also reported when deleted
- Placeholders are placed in text areas containing examples
- Continuous display of status, when a backup is manual started.
- Display of status when upgrading Agents
- User working with application gets a popup if the application is stopped due to ransomware threat
- Warning if you enter email or text message with user, but it is not configured
- When clicking on the help documentation in the Show, the groups will no longer collapse
- From Email ID is no longer a required field
- Textually, the filtering of files has changed in the User Interface to rules (blocked and always alerted messages)
- File Audit alarm remains until file is removed from monitoring whether the settings are set correctly
- Index Out of Range notification if Session has expired resolved
- Improved switching in Show Detail page between different Agents
- The Y-axis is remembered for multiple lines of dash items in the dashboard
- Help documentation has been expanded
Changelog VDSS 09.05.03
Fixes and enhancements VDSS 09.05.03
- When adding a folder / file in the monitoring, the Auditing Settings are automatically checked
- If a file is not correctly placed in the monitoring, an OK will now follow if all settings are correct
- Failed Logins are now reported with an Alarm status
- Show also displays Warnings, in addition to OK and Alarm
- OK message when starting the Agent
- The notification of a missing file is sent once by the Agent
- Edit, Delete and Help icons have supporting text displayed
- The bars in the Show are now completely clickable
- Pointer appears when hovering over the login button
- In the Super User Menu, Dashboard has been changed to Dashboard Items
- Ransomware Settings tab is now called Ransomware
- License Check of the Server at startup is more robust
- Default sortings for new users
- Read license button of the Agent setup works
- Username remains case sensitive by deleting an user from a group
- After installation of the Server, the installation log files are deleted
- Agent always receives the Server Key for error-free communication
- File notifications has a more accurate time
- The service of the VDSS server has been improved, a restart of the Windows server is no longer required
- Help link is fixed in Super User Menu and Dashboard Items
- Help documentation has been expanded
Changelog VDSS 09.05.02
- Support for white label
Changelog VDSS 09.05.01
Fixes and enhancements VDSS 09.05.01
- Notifications screen is graphically adjusted
- Acknowledged Ransomeware notifications will no longer be deleted, but will remain until the danger has passed
- New users can create reports
- Only the manual refresh will work after setting a period in reports. Automatic refresch is set off
- The Report Refresh rate is personally adjustable
- The correct status is stored in reports, even if an action on your files is not notified via email or SMS
- starting a VDSS Agent is notified as OK
- Hash file on Agent is no longer growing
- In the list of killed processes, only the responsible (child) processes are shown
- When a Firewall rule is changed, this will also be updated in the User Interface
- Files without a point are now treated as Files or Directories, the VDSS Agent reports this now
- Performance improved if Notifications table contains more than 1 million records
- Performance improved if more than 80 million records are stored
- Performance improved if entire disks are monitored, without specifying important files on this disk
Changelog VDSS 09.05.00
New feature VDSS 09.05.00
- Upgraded Encryption
Changelog VDSS 09.04.00
New feature VDSS 09.04.00
- Ransomware is stopped immediatly
- Workstations are blocked by the firewall when a ransomware attack is detected
- Processes (in later cases also the parent processes) will be stopped immediately when sensitive data is attacked
- Ability to specify trusted processes and trusted IP addresses
Fixes and enhancements VDSS 09.04.00
- User interface upgrade completed
- Replace MSSQL with localDB
- Slashes in file settings are stored in database with /